Happy New Year to everyone! We hope you all are well!
A quick baby update....
We spent the better part of the day at the Dr's office on New Year's Eve. The Dr. had called about a week prior to that to say she suspected I may have Gestational Diabetes, based on a blood test taken. Anemia was also found in that sample. I've started Iron supplements for the Anemia and Eric and I have started a new diet with exercise to help with the Diabetes until we found out for sure if I in fact had GD.
So, on New Year's Eve we went in for our 28 week appointment, a "Non-stress Test" and a 3 hour glucose test to confirm the Dr's suspicions. As for the baby, he's growing well, soooo much movement and a great heart rate. He was moving so much, as a matter of fact, that the Dr. had a hard time steadily tracking his heart rate. She says, "If the baby's moving that much, he's doing just fine." As for Mom, my blood pressure is very well under control and my pulse is a bit high. Which is expected during pregnancy and nothing to worry about right now. The 3hr test for blood sugar was not fun, but a necessary evil. It gives definitive results about GD.
Last night, Dr. Paroski called to let us know the glucose test came back positive for GD. I will hear from the nurse today to set up the necessary appointments. We'll first try controlling it with diet and exercise, then medicine, if necessary.
Aside from all that, we're really getting excited about all the things to come in the new year. We talk alot about how Sarge will react to having to share his coveted position in the family when the baby gets here and all the other big changes coming in just about 2 1/2 months.
Our next appointment is on 01/07/2008.


2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the GD. That walking partner offer is still on the table if you want to take me up on it. We are so excited to meet DE and even more excited to see that you blogged.
;-)
Sorry about the GD. If you need anyone wo as been there for moral support, just call. It's hard to change your diet in a time where there are so many unusual cravings, some of which you HAVE to have. But you can do it. I felt like a million bucks on my GD diet and I wish I still had the willpower to eat that way.
Post a Comment