David's Birthday!

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 14, 2008

Guess what? Another Dr Appt.

So, a Dr. appt last Thursday, was good, another ultrasound was taken, David is right where he should be growth wise, about 3.8lbs. Dr. still says the baby is showing no signs of being affected by my blood pressure, meds, or gestational diabetes. Great news!

I met with a nutritionist and a nurse who specializes in GD. They gave me a meal plan and demonstrations on how to test my blood sugar. I also got to see the hospital where we will deliver. As far as I can tell, it looks well run, clean, and ready for everything. Wish I could say the same for myself.

This weekend, Eric and I went to update some more registry items and visited friends. The visit was really fun, they have two little girls, both in diapers, and just watching them play made both Eric and I laugh like crazy and even more excited to add to our family. They also gave us great hand be downs for David. A little funny side note, I woke up at about 3am on Saturday, out of a dead sleep, screaming and wailing, due to a leg cramp. I scared the crap out of Eric, who tried desperately to massage it. Before we could get that cramp under control, the other leg started in. Before I knew it, I was up out of bed, bouncing off walls in the dark like the Tasmanian Devil trying to stretch through the pain, while screaming at the top of my lungs, and Eric chasing me like a corner back, still trying to massage my legs. Somehow, it stopped, I stopped sobbing and went back to sleep. I still don't know how Eric didn't have a heart attack on the spot. He's a good man!

Today's appt, not the best, but not bad either. We had another non stress test and the baby's heart rate is steady and strong, with ample movement to boot. My blood pressure is creeping just a bit, but another change in meds should take care of it. The Dr's not too pleased with my blood sugar levels so far, but she's willing to monitor it for another week before putting me on insulin. She says, sometimes, with GD, you can eat all the right things at all the right times, and GD will still win the fight. In the meantime, I'm trying not to get discouraged about what I feel like I'm doing to the baby. I gave another sample to test for preeclampsia, results should be in by next week's appt. We also talked about our estimated due date of 03/23/2008, big development...... Dr says she will not allow me to go that far, she plans to induce at 37 weeks. She says if David's healthy and strong at that time it would be safer for him and me, to induce and avoid any possible complications.

Please keep us in your thoughts as the road gets a little bumpy and here's to smoother roads ahead....... hopefully.

No comments:

DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker